Sunday, May 15, 2011

SlickPic and Fotokita

I've decided to give a go for SlickPic as my second gallery. I first noticed this site from Mr. Ken Rockwell. And after checking it out, I look that it has a nice layout. When you are about to make a gallery, you will surely want a site with beautiful layout and design. It makes your album and entire images looks better. Hummm...probably it is some sort of cheerleader effect..oh well..who cares.



Anyway, as I tried to logged in using my months ago subscribed account, I noticed that they also give options to login using your Facebook account, or your Google account. And since I had both of them, I was at first kinda confused whether I'll login with my Facebook account, google account, or should I just made a separated account. But when I first tried to logged in with separated account, they give the option to click "like on Facebook", so I clicked it and logged out. Then I tried to logged in with my Facebook account. Heck, it went right into my previous account. I don't know whether they noticed that both my Facebook and SlickPic account using the same Email, or they immediately linked it when I clicked "like", but they link my account immediately. But I'm still curious about logging it with my Google account, I thought "Hey, since my galleries will mostly related to this blog, why not use a google account instead". So I logged out again, and try to logged in with Google account. I though Holy Cow, they direct my account straight back to my previous account, because the "like" on Facebook still showing my Facebook profile picture. But  damn...apparently not, the Facebook "like" showed my profile because I'm still logged in to my both Facebook and Google with the same computer, that's all. but the Facebook account and the original account does merged into one - I've checked the account number, they are the same. But since facebook account and facebook related email is rather prone to get hi-jacked due to irresponsible link sharing traffic by those stupid alays - yes, I hate them - whom Facebook is really overpopulated with, it isn't wise to connect any of my blogging and photographic stuff with Facebook. So Google account it is.

My Fotokita Gallery is where I upload my NatGeo style images. Those are images with certain themes like landscape, nature, people, culture, travelling, or accordingly to monthly theme photo challenge by Fotokita. In fact, the monthly challege is one of the reason why I upload my images there. Each month they'll pick two images that is submitted to that particular challenge, and they'll publish them at National Geographic Magazine Indonesia. Cool huh, especially if you are a documentary freak like me. Other than getting your images published, they'll also give you a merchandise and a certificate. Well, getting published alone is already exciting for me. If my images do get published - "if" which means haven't till now - I'll buy three of NatGeo Indonesia's Mag, I'll cut the pages with my image in it, and put on a frame, the other one is for reading purpose, and the last one will go straight to my bookshelf, undisturbed...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment